Thursday, August 4, 2022

Meet Kelly Heersche - part 4

 

 

Editor's Note:  Continuing Meet Me Mondays!  I am Britta Malsch, the Purchasing Manager at Anderson's Candy Shop and I also help the Andersons with the social media duties.  As I enter my 10th year at the store, one of my goals has been to help introduce our family of staff to our family of customers.  I hope you enjoy this series which will highlight the wonderful men and women who work hard to create the Anderson's Candy that you love! Fourth in our series is Kelly Heersche. 





Kelly has been a part of the Anderson's Candy Shop Family for 9 years.  Her main role is as the lead milk chocolate dipper in the dipping room however she sometimes helps in the molding room and has recently expanded her skill set by learning how to work in our packing room and helping customers in the storefront.  

Kelly remembers watching seasoned dippers when she first started working at the candy shop and
thinking "How will I ever get my candy to look like that?" 

Kelly's choice of chocolate is milk chocolate, always. 

Something Kelly thinks would surprise customers about how our candy is made is that it is hand dipped into a "bed of chocolate" on marble slabs built into an old dining table, 
handcrafted by the Anderson Family. 

Fond memories for Kelly consist of laughter in the dipping room and the connections she 
has made with guests in the store. 

Kelly's favorite holiday to work at the candy shop is Christmas.  "I love the season and how busy it is."  "I really don't have a least favorite season, I would have said summer, but this year is different because I am in the storefront for some of it and get to meet all of you and see how happy you are 
when you get your favorite candy." 

On her days off, Kelly enjoys spending time with family and visiting friends.  
She also enjoys sewing and painting. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I’m glad to know your name because you’ve waited on me a few times when my husband and I have come to pick up chocolate goodies! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete