Monday, September 5, 2022

Meet Wendy Hollister-Hill - Part 12

 


Editor's Note: Continuing Meet Me Mondays!  I am Britta Malsch, the Purchasing Manager at Anderson's Candy Shop. I also help the Andersons with social media duties.  As I enter my 10th year at the store, one of my goals has been to help introduce our family of staff to our family of customers.  I hope you enjoy this series which will hightlight all the wonderful men and women who work hard to create the Anderson's Candy that you love!   Twelfth in our series, is Wendy Hollister-Hill.




Wendy has been a part of the Anderson’s Candy Shop Family for almost 7 years (November 2, 2015 to be  exact, “It was one of my favorite days EVER.  My 42nd birthday, a new job and front row seats for Rob Thomas!).  Wendy manages the Barrington location, making sure the store is stocked full of candy, decorating for all the different seasons and holidays and of course, helping all of our wonderful customers.  

Wendy originally started working in our Richmond location in the packing room, learning all the marks on top of the pieces and bars.  

Something Wendy thinks will surprise our customers about how our candy is made is “how many people it takes to make a piece of our candy.  We have no machinery, making our product is an art form.” 

Wendy prefers dark chocolate, for everything! 

Wendy has many memories of working at the candy shop, but one that stands out “was my first taste of molasses sponge candy.  It was my mom’s favorite.  Dad use to surprise her with a bag - and sometimes my sister and I would get some.  I was so excited to learn we made it.  
The first bite brought me to literal tears.” 


Holidays at the candy shop can truly be a different experience for everyone, Wendy says  her least favorite holiday is Arbor Day, “There are no special items to try, it’s an important day, just not highly recognized (or the holidays which require me to use a lot of glittery decor IYKYK” Her favorite holidays are “All of them! Each season and holiday brings new product or products only made during that season.  I get to change the decor and after I stop stressing about what to do, 
I can create some really visually pleasing displays.  

On her days off Wendy spends time with her family and also, thinking about how she can continue to contribute and make the Barrington location as great as it is, and even better (thank you Wendy!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment